Most patients place high importance on investing in their health. However, they may believe that cosmetic dentistry is a luxury. Investing in cosmetic dentistry procedures can bring you a dazzling smile and help preserve oral health.
Manhattan Dental Spa provides a full set of cosmetic services, many of which have benefits beyond improving your appearance. In this blog, we explain the top three reasons you should consider an investment in cosmetic dentistry.
1. Regain a Confident Smile
If you have stained, chipped, missing, or misshapen teeth, you may not feel free to show your smile publicly or in photos.
When you invest in cosmetic dentistry, you will feel better about expressing yourself. You will improve your professional image, possibly leading to advantages in your career. You will feel free to smile and laugh, sharing your bright personality with the world.
2. Improve Your Oral Health
Missing and damaged teeth can adversely affect your oral health. If you have a gap in your smile from a missing tooth, your remaining teeth may drift into new positions. They could become crossed and overcrowded, leading to difficulty brushing and flossing.
If you can't efficiently remove plaque, you will be more vulnerable to tooth decay and periodontal disease. Replacing damaged teeth with bridges or implants helps to prevent future oral health issues.
3. Save Your Natural Teeth
Certain cosmetic treatments like dental crowns can help to preserve the natural tooth's root structure. A new crown can protect a damaged, decayed tooth and allow the root structure to stay in place, preventing problems with shifting teeth. While dentists must sometimes extract damaged teeth, they can save many.
Our Cosmetic Services
- Teeth Whitening: This treatment brightens your smile and boosts your self-confidence. We offer multiple types of teeth whitening, including KöR, Zoom!, and take-home whitening kits.
- Invisalign: We can straighten your teeth quickly and discreetly using comfortable plastic aligners, closing unwanted gaps and promoting better oral health.
- Porcelain Veneers: These are cost-effective because they can do the work of several treatments in one. In just two easy appointments, they can often cover chipped, cracked, discolored, gapped, or misshapen teeth.
- Bonding: Cosmetic bonding involves using a strong, tooth-colored resin to reshape and smooth tooth surfaces. We can treat chips, cracks, and discoloration in one step.
- Microabrasion: This alternative to standard whitening is excellent for surface enamel stains.
- Crowns and Bridges: These treatments can restore or replace missing teeth. They typically receive partial insurance coverage.
- Dental Implants: Implants replace missing teeth and create an attractive, complete smile.
Call Manhattan Dental Spa
Investing in cosmetic dentistry treatments will improve your quality of life and boost your oral health. If you want to discuss how cosmetic dentistry can help you, please call Manhattan Dental Spa's Murray Hill, NYC office at 212-683-2530. We can schedule a consultation with one of our doctors and create a treatment plan to improve your smile.